This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Want to have the taste of apple pie without having to make a pie crust? Apple Crisp is the dessert for you! It is easy to put together and tastes great!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
What You Need
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup flour
½ cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
pinch of allspice
½ cup butter
Pots and Utensils:
Casserole dish or cake pan
Pastry knife or two knives
How to Put It Together
1. Heat the oven to 375°F.
2. Peel the apples. Using an apple peeler* helps make this job get done quickly!
2. Slice the apples. Using an apple corer/slicer* will make this job easier and faster. I usually cut the slices in half.
3. Put the apples in the casserole dish or cake pan.
4. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the apples.
5. Mix the brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice in the bowl.
6. Mix in the butter by using a pastry knife to cut the butter into the flour and spice mixture. If you don’t have a pastry knife, using two regular knives to cut through the butter will work just as well.
7. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the apples.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve warm (or cold) with vanilla ice cream and it’s sure to disappear quickly!