This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This is part 2 of the instructions on how to build pull out shelves for a blind corner cabinet. If you happen to have a standard blind corner kitchen cabinet with one shelf, you know the issue that these shelves are solving…how to get at the stuff in the corner without having to strain to reach it. I tried to find a ready-made solution for this problem but I couldn’t find one that would fit the door opening in my cabinet (it is only 13″ wide). And even if I had been able to, they were all really expensive…so I ended up making it myself.
Part 1 gave the instructions on how to install pull out shelves in that back part of the cabinet which makes reaching the stuff back there much easier. In case you missed it, you can find those instructions here.
This post gives the instructions on how to build the pull-out drawer unit that will go at the front of the cabinet.
This is the very last project of my kitchen organization series…and I have definitely accomplished my goals of clearing the counter top and having easier access to my cooking supplies! In case you missed the other projects and want to catch up, here they are:
To recap all of the kitchen organization projects so far:
- Turn hard-to-reach shelves in the base cabinets into easy-to-access drawers.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 1) by moving cooking utensils to a hanging, rotating storage rack.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 2) by organizing the rest of the utensils that end up in a drawer.
- Clear the countertops (part 1) by moving spice racks to a magnetic spice wall.
- Clear the countertops (part 2) by building a pull down cookbook stand.
- Clear the cabinet clutter where serving trays and cookie sheets are stored by building custom dividers and shelves.
- Make the corner cabinets more useful by building some kind of easy-to-access storage system. This week’s project!
- The bonus project from week 6: 6 Cabinet Door Storage Ideas
Continue reading to find out how to build pull out shelves for a blind corner cabinet.