This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
As promised, I have returned to my kitchen re-organization projects…and this week’s projects are all about making use of the backs of the cabinet doors.
The backs of cabinet doors provide easy-to-access storage for things like measuring cups, pot lids, spices, plastic bags and kitchen wraps. You’ll be surprised at how many things you can store there without taking up much extra space…and how much more efficient it will make your kitchen. Even better…most of the projects take very little time to do!
In case you missed any of the other posts in our “organize your kitchen series”, here’s the list we’re working on…this week’s post is a bonus that wasn’t on the original list :)
- Turn hard-to-reach shelves in the base cabinets into easy-to-access drawers.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 1) by moving cooking utensils to a hanging, rotating storage rack.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 2) by organizing the rest of the utensils that end up in a drawer.
- Clear the countertops (part 1) by moving spice racks to a magnetic spice wall. This was the week 4 project.
- Clear the countertops (part 2) by building a pull down cookbook stand…the week 5 project.
- Clear the cabinet clutter where serving trays and cookie sheets are stored by building custom dividers and shelves. .
- Make the corner cabinets more useful by building some kind of easy-to-access storage system.
Also, don’t forget to download the “make your kitchen more functional” workbook that will help you get your own kitchen more organized, too!
Click Next to see our cabinet door storage ideas that will organize your kitchen.