This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Crock Pot Cheese Dip is a recipe that many people are familiar with, but I serve it at almost every party I have…it’s easy and everyone loves it.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
What You Need
16-oz package of Velveeta cheese
2 small cans of Rotel
Pots and Utensils:
Putting It Together
1. Put a slow-cooker liner in your crock pot (this will save you a lot of clean-up time!)
2. Chop the velveeta into pieces and put into the slow cooker.
3. Add the rotel.
4. About an hour before the party, turn the crock pot onto high to melt the cheese. If you are running behind, you can melt the cheese in a pot on the stove and then add it to the rotel in the slow cooker.
5. Stir occasionally.
6. When all of the cheese is melted, turn the crock pot down to low.
7. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Add some grated cheddar, mozzarella or monterey jack cheese for a stronger cheese flavor.
- Cook ground beef in a frying pan and add it to the melted cheese.
- Add cut up sausage chunks.
- Serve with chunks of bread instead of tortilla chips.