This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This crock pot no bean turkey chili is quite thick and is perfect for serving on top of hot dogs, but is also good enough to eat on its own.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 – 8 hours
Total Time: 7 – 8 hours
What You Need
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cooking onion, diced
2 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 14-oz can of diced tomatoes, or 5 fresh tomatoes, diced
1 28-oz can of crushed tomatoes, or 10 fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
1 8-oz can of tomato paste
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp hot sauce
Pots and Utensils
5 – 7 quart crock pot
Slow cooker liner (optional, but makes the clean up much easier)
How To Put It Together
1. Saute the onion in the olive oil until softened.
2. Add the ground turkey and cook until brown.
3. Stir the chili powder into the ground turkey.
4. Transfer the ground turkey into the slow cooker.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot.
6. Cook on low for 7 – 8 hours.
Once it is ready, the chili can be left in warm mode in the crock pot for quite some time.