This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This is part 3 of our DIY kitchen organization series. I am on a mission to get my kitchen organized without spending a lot of time or money, and this is the third step along that journey…to clear the clutter in my large cabinet so that I can get at cookie sheets, cutting boards and serving dishes more easily.
Here’s a recap of the plan (click the links if you want to see one of the other posts):
- Turn hard-to-reach shelves in the base cabinets into easy-to-access drawers. This was the first week’s challenge.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 1) by moving cooking utensils to a hanging, rotating storage rack. This was the second week’s project.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 2) by organizing the rest of the utensils that end up in a drawer.
- Clear the countertops (part 1) by moving spice racks to a magnetic spice wall. This is the week 4 project.
- Clear the countertops (part 2) by building a pull down cookbook stand
- Clear the cabinet clutter where serving trays and cookie sheets are stored by building custom dividers and shelves. This is this week’s challenge.
- Make the corner cabinets more useful by building some kind of easy-to-access storage system…design still pending :)
- An added bonus: 6 Cabinet Door Storage Ideas That Will Organize Your Kitchen
And now on to this week’s kitchen organization post…click Next to see how to build a DIY over the refrigerator cabinet organizer.