This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
If you have ever eaten at a Japanese Steak house, you have probably had the Japanese Zucchini Stir Fry. This is a slight variation on the traditional recipe. Mushrooms add a little more flavor that blends well with the zucchini but is still fast and easy to make.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
What You Need
3 Tbsp butter
1 large zucchini
1 cooking onion
1 8-ounce package of sliced mushrooms
(optional) 1 Tbsp soy sauce
Pots and Utensils
3 frying pans, 1 of which is large to hold all of the vegetables
Putting It Together
1. Slice the zucchini into pieces that are about 1/4″ thick and 1″ long.
2. Chop the onion.
3. Put 1 Tbsp of butter into each of the frying pans.
4. Saute the onions in one frying pan, the mushrooms in the second frying pan and the zucchini in the third frying pan over medium heat.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the zucchini and onion are softened and the mushrooms are cooked through.
6. Combine all of the vegetables into the larger frying pan.
7. Add the soy sauce if you are using it.
8. Mix the vegetables and cook for another couple of minutes.
Serve hot with rice.