These cheesecake mincemeat tarts are a take-off of the traditional British mince tarts, but have a cheesecake topping instead of the standard pastry top (and no meat). In my books, a little cheesecake is never a bad thing :)
What You Need To Make Cheesecake Mincemeat Tarts
48 mini-tart shells. You can either buy these pre-made or click here to see our recipe for No-Fail Pie Crust Pastry if you want to make them yourself.
1 29-ounce jar of prepared mincemeat. I usually buy pre-made mincemeat, but if you want to make your own, try this great recipe from delightfulrepast.com.
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
Pots and Utensils:
2 mini-muffin tins (or regular-size muffin tins if you want bigger tarts)
Mixer and mixing bowl
How To Put The Tarts Together
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Line the mini-muffin tins with the mini tart shells.
3. Place a small spoonful of the mincemeat into the bottom of each tart shell. Be sure to leave about 1/2 cup of the mincemeat in the jar to use as a topping later.
4. In the mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
6. Blend in the sour cream, eggs, lemon peel and vanilla.
7. In a separate small bowl, mix the sugar and flour together.
8. Stir the sugar mixture into the sour cream mixture.
9. Pour the sour cream mixture over the top of the mincemeat in each of the tarts.
10. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
11. Cool. The tarts can be frozen at this point and thawed before serving.
12. Just before serving, spoon a little of the reserved mincemeat on top of each of the tarts.
Enjoy your delicious Cheesecake Mincemeat Tarts! They are perfect for an afternoon tea.