These oreo cookie cheesecake cupcakes are incredibly easy to make (especially for cheescake) and everyone loves them!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: Approximately 5 hours
What You Need To Make Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Cupcakes
1 family-sized package of oreo cookies (48 cookies)
2 pounds cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
A pinch of salt
3 – 12-tin muffin pans
36 cupcake liners
Electric mixer with a large bowl
Putting The Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Cupcakes Together
1. Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator a couple of hours in advance so that it softens (this step isn’t absolutely necessary but will make it easier to mix).
2. Preheat the oven to 275 F.
3. Insert the cupcake liners into the muffin tins.
4. Place 1 whole oreo cookie on the bottom of each cupcake liner (this will act as the cupcake crust).
5. Use the electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.
6. Add the sugar in batches beating in between each addition to make sure it is well combined.
7. Beat in the vanilla.
8. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together.
9. Add the eggs to the cream cheese mixture a bit at a time, beating well in between each addition.
10. Beat in the sour cream and the salt.
11. Chop the remaining oreo cookies into pieces.
12. Stir the chopped cookies into the cream cheese mixture by hand.
13. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of the oreo cookie in each of the cupcake tins, filling them almost to the top (cheesecake does not rise like regular cupcake or muffin dough so you do not have to worry about it spilling over the top while it is cooking).
14. Bake for 22 minutes, rotating the tins halfway through to ensure all cupcakes are evenly cooked.
15. Cool on wire racks until they are no longer warm to the touch.
16. Once the cupcakes are no longer warm, move them to the refrigerator (if they are still warm when you put them in, condensation will form on the top of them which makes them a little soggy).
17. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Remove from the tins and enjoy! They are a little plain looking so you can also decorate the top of them if you wish. I have added whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles, or strawberries.