This pomegranate basil virgin mojito is a twist on the traditional mojito that uses basil instead of mint. It is a very refreshing drink that isn’t too sweet and tastes delicious…an excellent choice for a hot summer day!
Of course, you can always add a splash of white rum if you prefer an alcoholic version.
What You Need
5 whole fresh basil leaves
2 Tablespoons of pomegranate juice
Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
1 Tablespoon of maple syrup or simple syrup
sprigs of basil
pomegranate seeds or raspberries for garnish
Pots and Utensils
Muddler or wooden spoon
How To Put It Together
1. Tear up the basil leaves and place them in a tall glass.
2. Use a wooden spoon or “muddler” to gently crush the basil. This releases the flavor from the leaves.
3. Add pomegranate juice, lime or lemon juice and maple syrup.
4. Stir to blend in the maple syrup.
5. Fill the glass with ice.
6. Add soda.
7. Garnish with a sprig of basil and a few pomegranate seeds or raspberries.
8. Serve it with a straw to prevent the leaves from ending up in your mouth.