This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This slow cooker chicken korma is really easy to make and tastes delicious! This is a non-spicy version of the traditional Indian dish, but you can increase the heat by adding some more cayenne pepper if you want to.
What You Need
5 cloves garlic
2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1 teaspoon cilantro
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¾ cup yogurt
2 Tablespoons dried fenugreek
Pots and Utensils
5 – 7 quart crock pot
How to Put It Together
1. Chop the onion and sprinkle it over the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Mince the garlic and sprinkle it over the onion.
3. Sprinkle the grated ginger over the onions and garlic.
4. Pour in the tomatoes.
5. Chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
6. Sprinkle the chicken over the onion mixture.
7. Mix the cilantro, coriander, cumin, salt and cayenne in a small bowl.
8. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the chicken.
9. Cook the chicken on high for 2½ hours.
10. Add the yogurt and fenugreek to the mixture.
11. Cook for another 30 minutes with the lid off.
Serve hot over rice, and enjoy!