This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This soy lemon pork chops recipe is easy and delicious. It can also be used for any kind of sliced pork, such as pork tenderloin. Just be careful not to overcook the pork, which makes it tough…this is one time when a meat thermometer really comes in handy! Cooking the pork to 145 ºF (and not a degree more!) will help to make sure it is tender.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Marinating Time: 1½ – 4½ hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 – 5 hours
What You Need
6 pork chops
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon rosemary
½ teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Pots and Utensils
9″ x 13″ glass baking pan (for marinading)
Large Frying Pan
How To Put It Together
1. Lay out the pork chops in a single layer in the glass baking pan.
2. Mix the lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and pepper in the mixing bowl.
3. Pour the marinade mixture over the pork chops.
4. Cover the baking pan and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
5. Take the pork chops and marinade out of the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes. This will let the meat warm to room temperature before you cook it, which helps in getting it to cook evenly.
6. Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in the frying pan for medium-high heat.
7. Add the pork chops (without the marinade) to the pan. Keep the marinade for the next step.
8. Cook the pork chops until browned, about 5 minutes on each side.
9. Remove the pork chops from the pan and keep aside.
10. Add the marinade to the pan and bring to a boil. It is important that the marinade is boiling to make sure any bacteria from the raw meat is killed.
11. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Add the pork chops back into the pan and turn to coat with the marinade.
13. Cook until the internal temperature is 145 ºF on a meat thermometer. The length of time will differ depending on the thickness of the pork chop, but will likely be 5 to 10 minutes.
14. Remove the pork chops from the heat and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your easy, delicious and low-calorie meat!