This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This tomato and herb broccoli recipe is a simple and delicious side dish. The flavor of the herbs and tomatoes subtly compliments the broccoli. It is quick and easy to make, colorful, low in calories, and a big favorite in our family. Even people who don’t like broccoli will eat it when it is prepared this way!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 – 10 minutes
What You Need
2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh or ¼ teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh or ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 pound broccoli, trimmed and cut into flowerets
Pots and Utensils
Medium microwave-able baking dish
How to Put It Together
1. Add all of the ingredients except the broccoli to the skillet. Don’t turn it on yet.
2. Prepare and cook the broccoli as you normally would. I microwave it in a small amount of water for 3 minutes on high heat. The length of time you cook it may vary depending on the strength of your microwave and how you like your broccoli cooked.
3. Heat the tomato mixture in the skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
5. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and mix gently.
Serve hot as a side vegetable.