This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This White Wine Lemon Herb Shrimp Rotini is similar to a Shrimp Scampi but with some extra herbs and tomatoes for extra flavor.
What You Need
1 16 ounce box of rotini
4 Tbsp butter
1 cooking onion, chopped
4 tsp garlic, minced
2 lbs shelled, deveined shrimp
6 tomatoes, chopped
½ cup white wine
juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup fresh basil
¼ cup fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
Putting It Together:
1. Cook the rotini in the large stockpot following the package instructions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot after it has finished cooking.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in the saucepan over medium heat.
3. Saute the onion and garlic in the butter until they are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, basil, parsley, salt and black pepper.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until it has turned pink.
7. Stir the shrimp mixture into the rotini pasta in the stock pot.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Comments or questions on White Wine Lemon Herb Shrimp Rotini? Tell us in the section below.