The Fallen Angels and Devils Party is a fun theme that works well for Halloween or any other time you want to use some dramatic party decor.
If you want guests to dress to follow the theme, they can either wear costumes that are literal variations of the theme (fallen angels, devils, skeletons, ghosts, the grim reaper, etc.) or (if you want people to be a little more creative), ask them to wear costumes representing vices or other behaviors that could get them sent to hell.
Click Next to find some decor, food and drink ideas for a Fallen Angels and Devils party.
Cover the Walls with Red Foil Curtains
Red foil curtains cover the walls and reflect light. Use a disco ball or a red kaleidoscope spot light to add moving light that reflects off the red foil for a flame-like effect. Replace your light bulbs with red ones to add to the drama.
Use Lots of Red
Red table clothes, red feather boas, red chair covers and those red foil curtains add a lot of “heat” to the room.
Use Lots of Black
To add some black to the mix, create a couple of vases of black feathers (decorations that are usually used for weddings…except the wedding kind is usually white), and use them as centerpieces.
Black fabric covering the ceiling makes the room darker.
Up lights under the vases will make them stand out better.
Black and red feather boas at the bottom of the vase cover the up-light and add some softness to the table.
White plates contrast with the black chargers.
Use Red Chair Covers
Chairs covered with red satin chair covers (yes, the kind that they use at weddings), with black sashes and a little bling add some elegance while still maintaining the theme. It also covers up whatever color your furniture normally is to give that dramatic “all red” look.
Add Fake Flames
A devil party wouldn’t feel right without some fire! I added table-top fake flames as centerpieces on some of the tables, along with a few hanging flames.
You can also hang tissue “flames”(in yellow, red and orange) from the ceiling.
Black Crows and Red Candles
Add some crows to black metal candle trees with red candles for more spooky-looking decor.
Fallen Angels and Devils Party Drinks
If you want to have a specialty drink, either red or black is a good match with the theme:
- Blood-red Sangria. Click here to see our post for this recipe.
- Black Devil Martini. Click here to see the recipe at hgtv.com.
- Black Vodka & Cranberry juice…the devilish version of a standard drink
- Fallen Angel (not really black or red but the name suits the theme). Click here to see the recipe at imbibemagazine.com.
Fallen Angels and Devils Party Food
Many Halloween parties start after dark, and often do not include dinner, but are great for a sweet table. This can include different kinds of candies as well as cupcakes, brownies and cake pops (all easy-to-eat individual portions that can also be easily-decorated for Halloween). For the fallen angels and devil theme, try the following:
- Devilish cupcakes. Click here to see our post for this recipe.
- Sugar cookies in the shape of angels, with black icing
- Chocolate skull cake with red sparkles and devil horns. You can buy a skull cake pan to get the shape right.
- Devilish deviled eggs. Click here to see the recipe at cookincanuck.com.
- A selection of not necessarily Halloween-like appetizers that are easy to make and give people something to munch on, like our recipe for Crock Pot Cheese Dip.
The added bonus is that all of these items can be made ahead of time, making for a stress-free day.