Greek Tilapia is an easy and delicious fish dish that everyone seems to love.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
What You Need
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cooking onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
5 Roma tomatoes, chopped (or 1-14 ounce can of diced tomatoes)
1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
4 tilapia fillets (or other white flaky fish)
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
Frying or sauce pan
9″ x 13″ glass baking dish
Putting The Tilapia Together
1. Pre-heat oven to 375º F
2. Heat the olive oil in the frying pan.
3. Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until they are softened.
4. Add the oregano, parsley and basil to the onion mix.
5. Add the tomatoes, olives, salt, pepper and wine to the onion mix.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the temperature to low.
7. Simmer for 20 minutes on the stove.
8. Arrange the fish pieces in the baking dish.
9. Cover the fish with the tomato mixture.
10. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
11. Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the fish.
I like to serve over rice with a leafy green salad.