In our family we make these grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches when we have been too busy or are too exhausted to cook a meal. We don’t have them often but whenever someone says, “How about grilled cheese and bacon?”, an enthusiastic “YES!” is always guaranteed. They are a delicious alternative to standard grilled cheese sandwiches and are as quick and easy to make.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Baking time: 5 – 7 minutes
Total time: 7 – 9 minutes
What You Need
1 slice of bacon for each slice of bread
Pots and Utensils
How To Put It Together
1. Turn on the broiler.
2. Put the bread slices onto the cookie sheet. You will make as many as people want. E.g. 2 each.
3. Slice the cheddar thinly.
4. Cover each bread slice with a layer of cheese. Note: Processed cheese slices do not taste nearly as good.
5. Cut the bacon strips into 1” pieces.
6. Add the bacon to the top of the cheese in a single overlapping layer. I use about one slice of bacon per slice of bread.
7. Broil until bacon is crisp and cheese is melted, approximately 5 minutes. Watch them closely because there is just a minute between done and charred.
8. Serve immediately.