These lemon chicken shish kabobs are easy to make and have a ton of flavor. Since they benefit from being marinated for a couple of hours, they do need to be made a little in advance, but I think they are worth the wait! And it can work in your favor if you’re looking for a tasty finger food to serve for a party.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Marinating Time: 2 hours – 24 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes – 24 hours 15 minutes
What You Need
¼ cup olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cilantro
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
Pots and Utensils
How To Put It Together
1. Mix all of the ingredients except for the chicken in a large bowl.
2. Chop the chicken into 1″ squares.
3. Add the chicken to the marinade.
4. Mix to coat the chicken.
5. Cover the chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, and up to 24 hours.
1. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Pre-heat the grill to medium high (or turn on the broiler if you are going to cook them in the oven).
3. Thread the chicken on to skewers. Some people like to soak the skewers in water for a few minutes before doing this, to prevent them from burning.
4. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside, turning every 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve with the skewers for an easy to pick up finger food…or remove them from the skewers to serve over rice.