I love serving Sangria for summer parties. It’s light and refreshing and you can make it ahead of time (which is always a bonus when you’re getting ready for a party!)
This Berry and Lime Sangria is my new favorite. It is a little different than a traditional Sangria because it uses rose wine (instead of red) along with summer berries and limes…and together they make a really good drink!
I tend to use whatever berries are available at the time that I’m making it. I’ve made versions with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries (and combinations of all of the above). And they have all turned out great, so don’t be afraid to be a little creative and come up with your own combinations.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 4 to 24 hours
What You Need
The amounts and types of berries listed here are just guidelines. Feel free to add more or less of any of them depending on what you like.
Similarly, you can change the amounts of club soda or lemon lime soda if you like your drinks less or more sweet.
1 16-ounce package of strawberries
1 6-ounce package of raspberries
1 6-ounce package of blueberries
2 750 ml bottles of White Merlot (or other rose wine)
1 750 ml bottle (or 3 cups) of club soda
1 750 ml bottle (or 3 cups) of lemon lime soda
Pots and Utensils:
Pitcher, Drink Dispenser or Punch Bowl
How To Put It Together
I often like to marinate the ingredients in a pitcher and then serve it in a drink dispenser or punch bowl. That way I don’t have to put all of it out at the same time (which helps to keep the Sangria from getting too warm).
1. Wash all of the fruit, including the limes. Since they go into drink with their skins on, you want to make sure to remove any chemicals.
2. Slice the strawberries and limes and put them in the pitcher.
3. Add the rest of the berries.
4. Pour the wine over the top of the berries.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or up to 24 hours.
6. When you are ready to serve, add the club soda and lemon lime soda and some ice.
Enjoy your refreshing drink!