This super-easy Crock-Pot cheese dip (only 2 ingredients!) is one of my go-to appetizer recipes when I’m having people over. Whether it’s a Super Bowl party, a 4th of July Bar B Que or just a few friends hanging out, this dip is always a hit.
I don’t think I’ve ever had a part where I didn’t serve this cheese dip with Tortilla chips.
It’s just so easy, and everyone loves it. So why mess with a good thing?
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Here is your (really short) shopping list:
- Velveeta cheese – I have tried using non-processed cheeses such as cheddar and Monterey Jack and they really don’t work as well as Velveeta for this recipe.
- Rotel* – You can buy whichever version of Rotel you want depending on how spicy you want your dip to be.
- (Optional) Slow Cooker Liners* – while these liners are not absolutely necessary, they make clean up so much easier that I never make this cheese dip recipe without them.
- 4 quart slow cooker
How to make Crock-Pot cheese dip
There isn’t much to this recipe. Basically, you put the cheese and Rotel in the crock pot and turn it on 🙂
I usually cut the cheese up into smaller pieces to make it melt faster.
Start the crock pot out on high until the cheese has melted.
It usually takes about an hour for this to happen in my Crock-Pot, but that will vary depending on how your slow cooker.
Then mix well to get the Rotel blended in.
Turn the Crock-Pot down to low or warm after the cheese is melted (otherwise it will get too hot and it’s harder to eat).
Serve with tortilla chips or chunks of bread.
If you forget to turn the slow cooker on and need the cheese dip to be ready in a hurry, you can melt the cheese on medium-low heat on the stove, then add it to the crock pot.
If you want to spice up your cheese dip a little, try adding pieces of spicy Italian sausage.
Or cook some ground beef in a frying pan and add it to the mixture.
Other appetizer recipes you might like
Crock-Pot Cheese Dip
- 4-quart slow cooker
- 1 16-ounce package Velveeta cheese
- 2 10-ounce cans Rotel
- Chop the Velveeta into pieces and put them into the slow cooker.
- Add the rotel.
- About an hour before the party, turn the crock pot on high to melt the cheese.
- Stir occasionally.
- When all of the cheese is melted, turn the crock pot down to low.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- If you are running behind, you can melt the cheese in a pot on the stove and then add it to the Rotel in the slow cooker.
- Increase or decrease the spiciness of the dip by choosing the Rotel variety that is mild, medium or hot.
- Cook ground beef in a frying pan and add it to the melted cheese mix.
- Add chunks of cut up sausage
- Serve with chunks of bread instead of tortilla chips.