Crock Pot Cheese Dip is a recipe that many people are familiar with, but I serve it at almost every party I have…it’s easy and everyone loves it.
Here is the (really short) shopping list for this crock pot cheese dip:
- Velveeta cheese – I have tried using non-processed cheeses such as cheddar and Monterey Jack and they really don’t work as well as Velveeta for this recipe
- Rotel* – You can buy whichever version of Rotel you want depending on how spicy you want your dip to be
Pots and Utensils
- (Optional) Slow Cooker Liners* – while these liners are not absolutely necessary, they make clean up so much easier that I never make this cheese dip recipe without them
- 4 Quart Slow Cooker
How To Make Crock Pot Cheese Dip
There isn’t much to this recipe. Put the cheese and Rotel in the crock pot and turn it on 🙂
I usually cut the cheese up into smaller pieces to make it melt faster.
Start the crock pot out on high until the cheese has melted, then turn it down to low or warm.
It usually takes about an hour for the cheese to melt in my crock pot, but that will vary depending on how hot yours gets.
If you forget to turn it on and need the cheese dip ready in a hurry, you can melt the cheese on medium-low heat on the stove, then add it to the crock pot.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Crock Pot Cheese Dip
- 1 16-ounce package Velveeta cheese
- 2 10-ounce cans Rotel
- Chop the Velveeta into pieces and put them into the slow cooker.
- Add the rotel.
- About an hour before the party, turn the crock pot on high to melt the cheese.
- Stir occasionally.
- When all of the cheese is melted, turn the crock pot down to low.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Cook ground beef in a frying pan and add it to the melted cheese.
- Add cut up sausage chunks.
- Serve with chunks of bread instead of tortilla chips.