These garlic butter chicken rollups are a little more fussy and a little less healthy than most of the recipes I make, but they taste so good that I make them anyways 🙂
The layers of butter and garlic make sure that you can taste it in every bite!
Garlic Butter Chicken Rollups
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Pots and utensils
- Small bowl
- Parchment or wax paper
- Meat mallet or rolling pin
- Cookie sheet
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- In the small bowl, combine the butter, minced garlic, parsley and salt. Then set aside.
- Since you need to roll the chicken breasts, rolling them out makes them much easier to work with. To do this, lay the chicken breast on a cutting board or other flat surface.
- Cover it with a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Then use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken until it is a uniform thickness of about 1/4".
- Remove the wax paper.
- Spread a layer of the butter mixture over the chicken.
- Roll up the chicken starting from the smallest end.
- Use a couple of toothpicks to hold the ends closed.
- Add a little more of the butter mixture to the top...this will help it brown on the top.
- Repeat with the other pieces of chicken.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes.