These garlic butter chicken rollups are a little more fussy and a little less healthy than most of the recipes I make, but they taste so good that I make them anyways 🙂
The layers of butter and garlic make sure that you can taste it in every bite!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Pots and utensils
- Small bowl
- Parchment or wax paper
- Meat mallet or rolling pin
- Cookie sheet
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- In the small bowl, combine the butter, minced garlic, parsley and salt. Then set aside.
- Since you need to roll the chicken breasts, rolling them out makes them much easier to work with. To do this, lay the chicken breast on a cutting board or other flat surface.
- Cover it with a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Then use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken until it is a uniform thickness of about 1/4".
- Remove the wax paper.
- Spread a layer of the butter mixture over the chicken.
- Roll up the chicken starting from the smallest end.
- Use a couple of toothpicks to hold the ends closed.
- Add a little more of the butter mixture to the top...this will help it brown on the top.
- Repeat with the other pieces of chicken.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
Garlic Butter Chicken Rollups
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 141 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12.3g 19%
Cholesterol 51.2mg 17%
Sodium 464.5mg 19%
Total Carbohydrates 1.2g 0%
Protein 6.7g 13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.