This lemon garlic grilled asparagus recipe is a delicious and easy cookout recipe that is always a hit at my annual 4th of July BBQ. But it also tastes great when you make it in the oven, so it’s perfect for indoor parties, too!
In the summer, I love to cook out.
Cooking food on the grill means there’s fewer pots to wash, the house doesn’t get so hot and everything just seems to taste better!
One issue I always seem to have is finding good, easy recipes for grilled vegetables. It kind of defeats the purpose if I have to be running into the house to cook veggies on the stove.
Which is why I love this grilled asparagus recipe! Marinated in a lemon garlic sauce it tastes great, and it’s really easy to make!
Every time I serve it, people are always coming back for more (and it’s usually the first thing to get gone…very unusual for a vegetable around here!)
Even better? It’s also really easy to make in the oven…so you can make it even if the weather isn’t that great. (It’s a hit on my Super Bowl buffet, too!)
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Fortunately, this dish is made with only a few ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen: Asparagus (obviously), olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic…that’s it!
Here’s what you’ll need to make lemon garlic grilled asparagus:
- baking dish that’s large enough for the asparagus to lie flat in
- measuring spoons
- spoon or whisk for mixing
- tongs or two spoons for tossing the asparagus
- grill basket* (for cooking on the grill) or a cookie sheet (for cooking in the oven)
How To Make Lemon Garlic Grilled Asparagus
The first step is to combine all of the marinade ingredients in a dish that’s large enough for the asparagus to lay flat.
I usually use a 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
Remove the tough ends from the asparagus. I break them off by hand, but you could also cut them.
Then add the asparagus to your dish with the marinade and use tongs to toss them in the marinade.
Once they are well coated, add the asparagus to your grill basket or cookie sheet in a single layer.
Grill for about 10 minutes over medium heat, or cook in the oven for about 15 minutes at 400 F.
Other Grilling Recipes You Might Like
Lemon Garlic Grilled Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice about half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound asparagus
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the asparagus in the baking dish.
- Cut the tough white ends off the asparagus (or break them off with your hands)
- Add the asparagus to the marinade and toss to coat with the olive oil mixture.
To Cook On The Grill
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Spread the asparagus out in a single layer in a grill basket.
- Grill over medium flame for about 10 minutes, turning once half way through.
To Cook In The Oven
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- Spread the asparagus out in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Covering the cookie sheet in foil first makes it easier to clean.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven.