An easy and fun way to add spookiness to your Halloween table is to make jello in a brain-shaped mold…and making it glow in the dark (with a black light) is even more fun.
Keep reading to find out how to make glow in the dark jello brains.
What You Need
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
How To Put The Jello Brains Together
1. Place the brain mold inside the bowl so that it is level and stable. This keeps the mold level so that the jello sets properly.
2. Pour the contents of your 2 jello boxes into the mold
3. Heat water to boiling
4. Pour 2 cups of boiling water into the mold and stir so that the jello is dissolved
5. Add 2 cups of tonic water into the mold and stir again
6. Refrigerate the jello until it has set (usually 4-5 hours)
7. To get the jello out of the mold in one piece:
a. Remove the mold from the bowl and set aside temporarily
b. Fill the bowl with hot water.
c. Place the mold back into the bowl so that the hot water comes far enough up the sides to heat the areas where the jello is (but does not come over the top of the jello)
d. Get the plate ready that you will be using to display the jello.
e. Turn the mold over on top of the plate…and voila…jello brains!
The last step is to add a black light that makes the jello glow!
Questions or comments about How to Make Glow in the Dark Jello Brains? Tell us in the section below.