This oven baked chicken breast recipe made with lemon and basil is really easy, tastes great and is ready in just 15 minutes.
When I’m trying to get dinner on the table quickly, I love to make easy chicken breast recipes like honey mustard glazed chicken or chicken piccata. But of all the recipes I have, this oven baked chicken is the quickest and easiest. Because they are so easy, these recipes are also great for serving at a party…the less cooking the better!
Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
This oven baked chicken breast recipe is a really easy way to have dinner on the table in less than half an hour.
The trick to being able to cook chicken breast really fast is to cut it into strips, coat it with some kind of marinade, and then either broil it or bake it at 400 F for a few minutes.
You could use this process with pretty much any kind of marinade, but this lemon-basil version is very easy to make and tastes great. It’s also gluten-free if you that’s a concern for you.
Because the pieces of chicken are bite-sized, this recipe is also a great appetizer or main course for a party.
What To Serve With Oven Baked Chicken?
As easy as this recipe is to make, it’s also very versatile. You can add it to pasta, serve on top of a salad or use it in a wrap. It even tastes great cold!
For parties, I love using these chicken strips as a topping at a make your own nachos bar. To get a more Tex-Mex flavor, you might want to substitute cilantro for the basil in that case.
15 Minute Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil you can also use parsley, thyme, cilantro, oregano or rosemary if you want to try something different
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Pots and Utensils:
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Broiling pan or baking sheet
- Turn the oven onto the Broil setting (or 400 F on the Bake setting)
- Mix all of the ingredients (except for the chicken) in the mixing bowl.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2" wide strips.
- Add the chicken strips to the liquid in the bowl and toss well.
- Spread the chicken out in a single layer on the broiling pan or cookie sheet.
- Broil or bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.