Living in the South, fried chicken is a staple for any kind of get-together, but all that frying is hard on the diet. This oven fried chicken recipe has all the taste of fried chicken, but is actually baked…and even the most die-hard fried chicken fans love it!
The Best Oven Fried Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 3 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 lbs chicken parts for parties, I like to use drum sticks
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Combine the lemon juice and Dijon mustard in a bowl.
- Combine all of the dried ingredients in a large ziploc bag.
- Line the baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Put the chicken into the lemon juice/mustard mixture and brush it over the chicken to coat, 2 or 3 pieces at a time.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bread crumb mixture in the ziploc bag.
- Close the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and arrange on the baking sheet, skin side up.
- (optional) The chicken can be stored in the refrigerator, uncovered, for up to 3 hours.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve warm or cold...your guests will love it!