This recipe is not a “true” sangria, but is a little lighter and goes over very well with my guests that want to be part of the crowd but do not want to drink too much alcohol.
It is also a make-ahead drink that is easy to put into a “help-yourself” drink dispenser (just make sure you put it somewhere that you can wipe up the inevitable drips that will occur).
Red Wine Sangria
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 2 packages of 2-quart Crystal Light Lemonade Flavor Drink Mix
- 2 750 mL bottles of red wine
- 1 2 liter bottle of Lemon-Lime Soda eg. Sprite or Club Soda...or a combination of the two
- Core the apple and then slice it.
- Slice the orange, lime and lemon. Make sure to wash them first to remove any chemicals from the outside of the skin.
- Pour the Crystal Light into the pitcher or drink dispenser.
- Add 4 cups of water.
- Pour in the 2 bottles of red wine.
- Add the sliced fruit
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Add the soda and some ice just before serving.
- Enjoy your refreshing drink!