This recipe is not a “true” sangria, but is a little lighter and goes over very well with my guests that want to be part of the crowd but do not want to drink too much alcohol. It is also a make-ahead drink that is easy to put into a “help-yourself” drink dispenser (just make sure you put it somewhere that you can wipe up the inevitable drips that will occur).
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 2 packages of 2-quart Crystal Light Lemonade Flavor Drink Mix
- 2 750 mL bottles of red wine
- 1 2 liter bottle of Lemon-Lime Soda eg. Sprite or Club Soda...or a combination of the two
- Core the apple and then slice it.
- Slice the orange, lime and lemon. Make sure to wash them first to remove any chemicals from the outside of the skin.
- Pour the Crystal Light into the pitcher or drink dispenser.
- Add 4 cups of water.
- Pour in the 2 bottles of red wine.
- Add the sliced fruit
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Add the soda and some ice just before serving.
- Enjoy your refreshing drink!