These soy, brown sugar and garlic pork chops are quick and easy to make, and they taste great. Perfect for a weeknight dinner when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen!
Servings: 6 chops
- 6 1/2 inch thick pork chops
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice about 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Pots and Utensils
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 shallow glass dish for marinating
- 1 frying pan
- Mix the soy sauce, lime juice, 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and red pepper flakes in the bowl.
- Place the pork chops in a single layer in the shallow glass dish.
- Pour the marinade over the top of the pork chops.
- Turn the pork chops over to make sure both sides are well coated with the marinade.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil in the frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the pork chops to the pan, without the marinade (it will be used in a later step).
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the pork is barely pink inside.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan.
- Add the marinade to the frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce some of the liquid.
- Return the pork chops to the pan and coat with the marinade.
- Serve hot.
Soy, Brown Sugar and Garlic Pork Chops
Amount Per Serving (1 chop)
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.