This strawberry daiquiri jello shots recipe made with rum and strawberry pucker are a boozy adult treat with a tropical flavor that is perfect for a summer party. Combine them with berry blue jello shots and white pina colada jello shots for a 4th of July trio that can’t be beat.
Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
I have to admit. I’m a strawberry fanatic.
Especially in early summer when they’re coming straight from our local farms.
So when I have to make jello shots for my annual 4th of July party, this very berry strawberry daiquiri jello shots recipe is the first one that comes to mind!
It helps that strawberries are red so they go with my 4th of July patriotic decor 🙂
My usual strawberry daiquiri jello shots recipe calls for white rum, strawberry pucker and lime margarita mix in addition to a small (3-ounce) box of strawberry jello.
I love the extra flavor you get from the strawberry pucker. However if you don’t have any hanging around, you can substitute more white rum instead.
Also, if you don’t happen to have lime margarita mix, you can use a mixture of lime juice and water instead.
Supplies and Utensils
To make strawberry daiquiri jello shots, you’re going to need the following supplies:
- 16 to 20 2-ounce jello shot cups with lids*. I find the 2-ounce size works best (the 1-ounce cups are a little small). Having shot cups with lids is very helpful for preventing spills (they’ve prevented a few jello disasters at my house).
- a cookie sheet. This is optional but it really makes your life easier transporting the jello shot cups back and forth to the fridge
- mixing bowl. Preferably one with a pour lip as that will make it easier to pour the jello into the shot cups.
- measuring cup. I like to use a measuring cup that you can read from the top*…they’re much easier to work with.
- a kettle or pot for boiling water
- mini tasting spoons* (optional)
How To Make Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots
This strawberry daiquiri jello shots recipe is really easy to make. You are basically substituting the alcohol and lime juice for the cold water portion of the standard jello recipe.
Start by pouring the jello crystals into a bowl.
Then add 1 cup of boiling water to the jello and mix until all of the sugar has dissolved.
Add 1/2 cup of white rum, 1/4 cup of strawberry pucker and 1/4 cup of lime margarita mix (I use Jose Cuervo mix) to the bowl and mix again.
Spread out your jello shot cups on a cookie sheet. While not totally necessary, the cookie sheet catches any spills and makes the jello shots much easier to transport to the refrigerator.
Pour the mixture into the jello shot cups.
To prevent condensation from building up on the inside of the jello shot cups, let them sit until they have cooled completely (about 15 minutes) before putting the lids on. This isn’t a critical step since the condensation doesn’t hurt the jello shots, but they look better without it.
Refrigerate until set, about 2 to 4 hours.
- If you don’t have strawberry pucker, you can replace it with more white rum.
- Instead of the margarita mix, you can use 2 Tablespoons of lime juice and 2 Tablespoons of cold water.
- If you want a really sweet strawberry daiquiri taste, replace the lime margarita mix with strawberry daiquiri mix.
How To Serve Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots
I like to top my strawberry daiquiri jello shots with half of a fresh strawberry.
They also look really nice with a slice of lime or a sprig of mint on top. Although neither of these are very practical since most people won’t eat them, so you’ll end up throwing them out.
I give all of my guests the option to eat their jello shots with a tasting spoon*. Most are happy that they don’t have to try to eat the jello straight from the shot glass 🙂
Other Jello Shot Recipes You Might Like
Very Berry Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots Recipe
- 1 3 ounce box strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup strawberry pucker
- 1/4 cup lime margarita mix
- Pour the strawberry jello crystals into a bowl with a pouring lip.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water and mix until the jello crystals have dissolved.
- Add the white rum, strawberry pucker and lime margarita mix to the bowl, and stir until combined.
- (optional) Spread the jello shot cups out on a cookie sheet.
- Pour the jello mixture into the jello shot cups.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2 to 4 hours.
- Substitute the 1/4 cup of strawberry pucker for an additional 1/4 cup of white rum
- Replace the 1/4 cup of lime margarita mix with 2 Tablespoons of lime juice and 2 Tablespoons of cold water
- For a sweeter version of the jello shots, replace the lime margarita mix with strawberry daiquiri mix