This recipe for grilled chicken salad has been adapted from the original which came from junior cooking champion, Fredric Tempe and was published in a Knorr advertisement. It is my go to quick and easy (and delicious) lunch or dinner for unexpected guests. They always ask for second helpings. In fact, it is so delicious, I was once asked to bring it to a wedding.
- 1 cup herbed mustard and honey marinade
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cup mixed spring greens
- 1 papaya or mango peeled and diced
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup cashews
- Pour ¾ cup of marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, toast the cashews by cooking them in a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, shaking the pan for 2-3 minutes
- Make the dressing by combining the remaining marinade and olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk to blend
- Place greens, papaya, avocado, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill the chicken 5 - 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. (You can also do this in the broiler if you don't want to use the grill.)
- When the chicken has finished cooking, slice it into strips and add to the salad
- Drizzle the dressing over salad and toss
- Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve immediately
Have questions or comments about the Best Grilled Chicken Salad? Tell us in the section below.