This recipe for grilled chicken salad has been adapted from the original which came from junior cooking champion, Fredric Tempe and was published in a Knorr advertisement. It is my go to quick and easy (and delicious) lunch or dinner for unexpected guests. They always ask for second helpings. In fact, it is so delicious, I was once asked to bring it to a wedding.
Marinating time: 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
What You Need
1 cup herbed mustard and honey marinade
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
8 cup mixed spring greens
1 papaya or mango, peeled and dice
1 avocado, cubed
1 red bell pepper diced
½ cup cashews
Bowl for marinading the chicken
4 quart crock pot
Putting It Together
1. Pour ¾ cup of marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 min.
2. Meanwhile, toast the cashews by cooking them in a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, shaking the pan for 2-3 minutes
3. Make the dressing by combining the remaining marinade and olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk to blend
4. Place greens, papaya, avocado, and pepper in a large bowl.
5. Grill the chicken 5 – 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. (You can also do this in the broiler if you don’t want to use the grill.)
6. When the chicken has finished cooking, slice it into strips and add to the salad
7. Drizzle the dressing over salad and toss
8. Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve immediately
Have questions or comments about the Best Grilled Chicken Salad? Tell us in the section below.