Now that summer is underway, I love to cook on the grill! It means less heat in the house, and fewer pots to clean (always a bonus!)
So I am always trying out new ways to grill things that pass my “easy to make” test. This recipe for Asian Spiced Wings fits the bill. It is really easy to put together and doesn’t take long to cook. And you can also make it in the oven if you prefer.
Since it can marinate for up to 24 hours, it is also a make-ahead dish that is easy to serve for a crowd.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Marinating Time: 1 hour – 24 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes – 24 hours 35 minutes
What You Need
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons vinegar
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
3 pounds of wings
Pots and Utensils
Large Ziploc Bag
(optional) Cookie sheet
How to Put It Together
Marinating the Wings
1. Mix all of the ingredients except for the wings in the small bowl.
2. Put the wings in the ziploc bag.
3. Add the sauce to the bag and seal it. Don’t worry if it seems like a small amount of marinade for the number of wings. It will cover them.
4. Flip the bag over a few times in all directions to distribute the sauce over the wings.
5. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours. If you are marinating for longer than an hour, you will probably want to flip the bag over once in a while to make sure all of the wings are evenly marinated.
To Cook On The Grill
1. Warm up the grill on medium heat for a few minutes.
2. Spread the wings out on the grill, skin side down first.
3. Cook for 16 to 18 minutes, flipping occasionally.
Wings do tend to cause flare-ups on the grill, so check on them frequently to make sure the skin doesn’t burn.
To Cook In The Oven
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400º F.
2. Spread the wings out on a cookie sheet, skin side down. Note: Covering the cookie sheet in foil first makes it easier to clean when you are done.
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Turn the wings over so the skin side is up.
5. Cook for another 15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!