This berry salad with balsamic vinaigrette combines lettuce, berries and crumbled cheese to create a light and refreshing salad that is perfect for a summer brunch or cook out. The balsamic vinaigrette dressing works really well with it since it adds a little tang to the sweetness of the berry salad.
Although I usually use all 3 berries in my salad, it works just as well using one or two of them…so feel free to make the salad your own.
What You Need
Mixed salad greens
Crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese
(optional) Chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup olive oil
4½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Pots and Utensils
(Optional) Strawberry huller*
How to Put It Together
1. Add the salad greens to the salad bowl.
2. Wash the strawberries, Remove the leaves and cut them in halves. If you eat a lot of strawberries, consider getting a strawberry huller*. They’re very inexpensive and make hulling easy!
3. Add the chopped strawberries, blueberries and raspberries to the bowl.
4. Add the crumbled goat or blue cheese to the salad.
5. If you want to use nuts, chop the walnuts and pecans and add them to the salad as well.
6. Serve with vinaigrette dressing (see below for the recipe).
The Vinaigrette Dressing
1. Add all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette to the mason jar.
2. Put on the lid and shake well.
Note: This recipe makes more vinaigrette than you will need for one salad…you can store it for later use.