This Thai Inspired Shrimp is really easy and really fast to make. And it tastes really good! Making it with Thai curry adds a little more kick, but it is equally good without it.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
What You Need
2 pounds shrimp
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
1 tsp cilantro
1 tsp parsley
1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
Juice of half a lemon
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
(optional) ½ teaspoon Thai red curry paste
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
How To Put It Together
1. Peel and de-vein the shrimp.
2. Combine the coriander, cilantro, parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, fish sauce, minced garlic and Thai curry paste (if you are using it) in the mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the shrimp so that they are covered with the marinade.
4. (optional) Cover and marinade for up to an hour in the refrigerator.
5. Heat 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat.
6. Add the shrimp to the frying pan.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
Note: If you prefer, you can grill the shrimp instead of stir frying them. Just thread them onto skewers and cook in a single layer over medium grill heat until the shrimp turn pink.