I am not really a “go all-out” decorating for Easter person. In the spring, I am always so busy yanking out weeds in the garden, that I don’t have much time to spend on holiday decorating.
Not to mention I have run out of places to store decorations that only get used once a year (all of those Halloween and Christmas decorations take up a lot of space!)
Having said that, I do usually have an Easter dinner and I like to have something on the table that makes it feel like Easter. Which means that I’m usually hunting around for good Easter table setting ideas.
This year, I got lucky. I just happened to see the cutest bunny folded napkins at Pier 1…and I knew the instant I saw them, they were perfect! I didn’t have to buy any new decorations that take up space, and they looked like Easter without being too overwhelming.
The only thing left to do was to figure out how to fold them. I hope the people at Pier 1 will forgive me for taking their display apart to see how they did it. (It took a couple of tries to figure it out…so a few “dead” napkin bunnies were scattered on the table when I was done). But now I can share the steps for making bunny folded napkins with all of you! Click Next to find out how to do it.
What You Need
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
There really aren’t many supplies required for this project…just some napkins and napkin rings! These are the ones I used:
1. Lay the napkin out flat. Because this napkin will end up being pretty scrunched up, ironing isn’t all that important (but if you like to use ironed napkins, they’ll work, too!)
2. Fold the napkin in thirds, by first folding up the bottom third.
Then fold down the top third.
3. Flip the napkin over, making sure that the loose edges are at the top.
4. Fold up the bottom left corner so that the napkin is folded half way across the length.
5. Fold up the bottom right corner so that it meets in the middle.
6. Fold down the top left corner so the straight edge meets along the center line.
7. Fold the top right corner down to meet it.
8. Fold down both top corners again so that they meet at the center line.
9. Fold up the bottom corner of the napkin so that it creates a triangle.
10. Fold the napkin in half along the center line.
At this point, you will probably be thinking there is no way this is going to end up being a rabbit! It just looks like a scrunched up napkin. Don’t worry, it will turn out 🙂
11. Slide a round napkin ring over the top of the napkin.
12. Spread the bottom of the triangle apart to become the feet. Then “fluff” the ears a bit by pulling them out a bit and spreading them apart.
Now you should be able to stand up your bunny!
The Finished Napkin Bunnies
The finished bunny folded napkins look great on the table. I used them for my Easter table setting (which you can see HERE).
They also look good as a decoration that isn’t on the table.
I added a line of them on the buffet behind the table, and they really brighten up the space!
Hopefully, I have prevented you from having to take apart your local Pier 1 display! And given you the incentive to create your own easy Easter decorations.