This time of year, I love to cook on the grill. It keeps the heat out of the house and there’s fewer pots to clean!
To me, nothing says summer like a good burger grilled to perfection.
But since I’m trying to watch how many calories I eat, I usually opt for ground chicken instead of ground beef.
The problem with ground chicken is that it doesn’t have a lot of flavor, so it needs some help to make it into a good burger.
That’s where this Lemon Cilantro Chicken Burger recipe comes in handy…the extra spices definitely make for one tasty burger!
Lemon Cilantro Chicken Burger
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1 Tablespoon of dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat the grill. Using a non-stick grill spray* on the grates will help prevent the burgers from sticking.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. I usually start by mixing with a large spoon, and then use my hands to finish the job...it's easier to get everything well mixed that way.
- Form patties out of the meat. You should be able to make at least 4 patties (and I have made as many as 6 patties if I was making small ones).
- Grill the patties over medium high heat for about 6 minutes per side, or until they are no longer pink inside. Do not press the burgers down with a spatula...that will squeeze the juice out of them and make them dry.