Pesto Turkey Burgers Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This grilled pesto turkey burger recipe may seem a little strange when you look at the ingredients (who ever heard of putting chopped walnuts in a burger?)
But they taste amazing!
The pesto ingredients add the flavor that is sometimes missing from ground turkey. And the little bit of water keeps the turkey burgers from getting dried out.
Although these pesto turkey burgers are delicious when cooked on the grill, you can also make them on the stove. Put a little oil in a frying pan. Then cook them over medium heat following the same directions as for grilling.
You can substitute ground beef or ground chicken for the turkey. If you are using full-fat ground beef, adding the water isn’t necessary.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Pesto Turkey Burgers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh basil finely chopped, or 3 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cooking onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the basil, bread crumbs, onion, grated Parmesan cheese, water, chopped nuts, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the ground turkey and mix well. I usually use my hands for this...it's messy but it gets everything evenly distributed with the meat.
- Shape into 3/4 inch thick burgers.
- Grill over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes per side (or until no longer pink inside). Let them cook for the full time on one side without touching them. Then flip them and cook for the full time on the other side (without touching them). You will end up with much juicier burgers this way.
- Serve with hamburger buns and condiments.