This Shrimp and Snow Pea Stir Fry is a really quick and easy recipe that everyone loves.
The pink of the shrimp and the green of the snow peas also looks really nice on the plate, especially when served over white rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Shrimp and Snow Pea Stir Fry
- 2 lb peeled de-veined shrimp
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp oyster sauce or Fish sauce
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 lb fresh snow peas
- 2 tsp dry white wine
- In the first bowl, mix the shrimp with the salt and 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Mix in 1½ tsp corn starch.
- In the second bowl, mix the chicken stock, oyster sauce and ½ tsp of corn starch.
- Trim the ends off of the snow peas.
- Pre-heat the wok to medium-high.
- Add the ¼ cup of olive oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and ginger to the wok and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp mixture and stir-fry until the shrimp has just turned pink (2 - 3 minutes).
- Remove the shrimp from the wok and drain on a paper towel.
- Add the snow peas to the wok and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth mixture, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp back into the wok.
- Stir in the white wine.