These Shrimp Tacos are my go to supper when I don’t feel like cooking.
They are quick and easy to make, taste delicious and have fewer calories than traditional beef tacos.
They’re also great to serve at parties since you can put out the supplies and have people make their own!
I like to dress them up with diced tomatoes or salsa and guacamole. Skip the cheese if you’re trying to keep the calories down.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
Don’t let the number of ingredients scare you! They’re really not that hard to make.
Here’s the shopping list for this shrimp tacos recipe:
- uncooked shrimp – I like to use the small sized ones (40 to 50 per pound) since they fit in the taco shells better than the larger ones. Also, buying them already peeled makes for less work
- taco shells
- broccoli slaw
- dried spices – cumin, salt, pepper
- fresh spices – cilantro, garlic
- hot sauce – I like to use Tabasco or Frank’s Red Hot, but any hot sauce you like will work
- oil – Any kind of vegetable oil or olive oil is fine
Utensils and Supplies
To make this recipe you’ll need the following supplies:
- wok or large frying pan
- measuring spoons
How To Make Shrimp Tacos
If your shrimp still have the shells on them, peel them before continuing.
Heat up the oil in your wok or frying pan.
Cook the shrimp with the dry spices and garlic until the shrimp has turned pink, stirring constantly.
Then add the rest of the ingredients (except the taco shells) to the wok.
Cook for another couple of minutes until everything is warm, again stirring constantly.
Fill the taco shells with the shrimp mixture and add your favorite toppings.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound / 454 grams uncooked shrimp (frozen or fresh)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp.each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg. of broccoli slaw 500 ml
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. hot sauce
- 8 hard taco shells
- Peel the shrimp (if they have shells)
- Heat oil in a large wok until almost smoking.
- Add shrimp, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss until shrimp turn pink, approximately 2 minutes.
- Mix in the broccoli slaw, cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce.
- Cook another 2 minutes, until warmed.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill taco shells with the shrimp/slaw mixture.
- Serve shrimp tacos with your favorite toppings