This spaghetti meat sauce recipe makes a lot of sauce and only uses one pot! I usually freeze at least half of it in individual servings that can be re-heated later for really quick meals.
This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. But we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
One Pot Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cooking onions diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey chicken or beef
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley or 3 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 24 roma tomatoes chopped, or 4 small (14.5-ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
- 4 small 14.5-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 1 16- ounce package of fresh sliced mushrooms or 3 4-ounce cans of canned mushrooms, drained
- 4 bay leaves
- Heat the olive oil in the stock pot over medium heat
- Add the diced onions and minced garlic.
- Cook until tender and translucent.
- Add ground meat.
- Cook until meat is browned.
- Stir the parsley, oregano, rosemary, basil, salt and pepper into the turkey and onion mixture.
- Mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and mushrooms.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over spaghetti sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese.