This is part 3 of our DIY kitchen organization series. I am on a mission to get my kitchen organized without spending a lot of time or money, and this is the third step along that journey…to clear the clutter in my large cabinet so that I can get at cookie sheets, cutting boards and serving dishes more easily.
Here’s a recap of the plan (click the links if you want to see one of the other posts):
- Turn hard-to-reach shelves in the base cabinets into easy-to-access drawers. This was the first week’s challenge.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 1) by moving cooking utensils to a hanging, rotating storage rack. This was the second week’s project.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 2) by organizing the rest of the utensils that end up in a drawer.
- Clear the countertops (part 1) by moving spice racks to a magnetic spice wall. This is the week 4 project.
- Clear the countertops (part 2) by building a pull down cookbook stand
- Clear the cabinet clutter where serving trays and cookie sheets are stored by building custom dividers and shelves. This is this week’s challenge.
- Make the corner cabinets more useful by building some kind of easy-to-access storage system
- An added bonus: 6 Cabinet Door Storage Ideas That Will Organize Your Kitchen
And now on to this week’s kitchen organization post…click Next to see how to build a DIY over the refrigerator cabinet organizer.