Recently, I have been on a quest to get organized…and I have now moved on to the kitchen which can really use some help!
I never seem to have enough room to store all of my kitchen gear and dishes. So everything is stacked up. It seems like I always have to move a bunch of things out of the way every time I want to get something out of the cupboard. I know that I am not the only one with this problem…so hopefully some of the solutions that work for me will work for you also!
Part of the problem is that my kitchen cabinets don’t have any organizers. And the other (related) issue is that the cabinets have a lot of wasted space. So I wanted to come up with some DIY solutions that could be done in less than a day and didn’t cost a whole lot…I just splurged on that desk for my office (which you can see here if you missed that post), so I’m on a budget for the next little while 🙂
I’ll be posting one project per week and here’s the plan at the moment…which is always subject to change if I have another brain wave or see another great idea in the meantime 🙂 Click the links if you want more information about the other projects.
- Turn hard-to-reach shelves in the base cabinets into easy-to-access drawers (that’s this week’s challenge).
- Clear drawer clutter (part 1) by moving cooking utensils to a hanging storage rack.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 2) by organizing the rest of the utensils that end up in a drawer.
- Clear the countertops (part 1) by moving spice racks to a magnetic spice wall.
- Clear the countertops (part 2) by building a pull down cookbook / iPad stand
- Clear the cabinet clutter where serving trays and cookie sheets are stored by building custom dividers and shelves
- Make the corner cabinets more useful by building some kind of easy-to-access storage system
- An added bonus: 6 Cabinet Door Storage Ideas That Will Organize Your Kitchen
Be sure to check back for all of the future updates!
Click Next to learn how to convert shelves to drawers…and make better use of all of that base cabinet storage space.