This week’s kitchen organization project was to finish getting my drawers in order. I was able to get quite a few utensils out of the drawers with my DIY cooking utensils rotating storage rack, but now I needed to finish the job.
I ended up doing 2 really easy DIY drawer divider and organizer projects to accomplish this goal. Along the way, I found some other great drawer organization ideas that I didn’t actually do, but thought I’d share in case anyone else finds them useful.
To recap the kitchen organization projects so far:
- Turn hard-to-reach shelves in the base cabinets into easy-to-access drawers. This was the first week’s challenge.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 1) by moving cooking utensils to a hanging, rotating storage rack. This was the second week’s project.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 2) by organizing the rest of the utensils that end up in a drawer. This weeks project!
- Clear the countertops (part 1) by moving spice racks to a magnetic spice wall. This was the week 4 project.
- Clear the countertops (part 2) by building a pull down cookbook stand…the week 5 project.
- Clear the cabinet clutter where serving trays and cookie sheets are stored by building custom dividers and shelves. This was the third week’s challenge.
- Make the corner cabinets more useful by building some kind of easy-to-access storage system…I think I have finally figured out the design for this…now I just have to cross my fingers and hope it works!
- The bonus project from week 6: 6 Cabinet Door Storage Ideas
Click Next to see 5 DIY projects to organize your kitchen drawers.