This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission if you buy the products from these links (at no extra cost to you), but we only recommend products we would use ourselves. For more information, click here to see our disclosures.
This week’s kitchen organization project was to finish getting my drawers in order. I was able to get quite a few utensils out of the drawers with my DIY cooking utensils rotating storage rack, but now I needed to finish the job.
I ended up doing 2 really easy DIY drawer divider and organizer projects to accomplish this goal. Along the way, I found some other great drawer organization ideas that I didn’t actually do, but thought I’d share in case anyone else finds them useful.
To recap the kitchen organization projects so far:
- Turn hard-to-reach shelves in the base cabinets into easy-to-access drawers. This was the first week’s challenge.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 1) by moving cooking utensils to a hanging, rotating storage rack. This was the second week’s project.
- Clear drawer clutter (part 2) by organizing the rest of the utensils that end up in a drawer. This weeks project!
- Clear the countertops (part 1) by moving spice racks to a magnetic spice wall. This was the week 4 project.
- Clear the countertops (part 2) by building a pull down cookbook stand…the week 5 project.
- Clear the cabinet clutter where serving trays and cookie sheets are stored by building custom dividers and shelves. This was the third week’s challenge.
- Make the corner cabinets more useful by building some kind of easy-to-access storage system…I think I have finally figured out the design for this…now I just have to cross my fingers and hope it works!
- The bonus project from week 6: 6 Cabinet Door Storage Ideas
Click Next to see 5 DIY projects to organize your kitchen drawers.